Pre-Ordering for Market Pickup
We are currently only attending the Saturday Market to reduce the amount time of we are spending off the farm and in contact with others. We will evaluate returning to the Wednesday market as the outbreak moves along.
To facilitate less contact and faster exchanges we are encouraging people to pre-order so that it is ready to go when you get to market, their are two options:
- For years we have taken pre-orders for market pickup. Just reply to the Newsletter or email us at email@example.com by noon the day before market (Friday for Saturday) and we will have it ready for you. You can pay with cash, check or credit card when you arrive at market.
- For those who want to reduce the amount of cash handling and contact we have set up an on-line store where you can put in your order and prepay with your credit card. Again by noon the day before market.
Only the products listed in the current weeks newsletter or in the on-line store will be available for pre-order. We will do our best to make sure we have as accurate quantity numbers as possible and update the on-line store frequently. Know that we are building the plane as we are flying it.
For those of you who are being extra careful and don’t want to get into the market fray you can text us at market and we can bring your order to your car. Your order already needs to have been received and paid for the day before via the on-line store, it helps us if you check the curbside pickup box on the shopping cart page so we know in advance.
Text or call (919) 314-7043 with your car type, color and where you are parked adjacent to the market and we will bring it to you. It may take a few minutes depending on how busy we are and you need to be parked along either Bim Street or Laurel Ave. (Laurel Ave. is preferred as it is closer to our stall).
If the Market Closes
We are not sure how all this will turn out. If the market is forced to close we will change to a curbside pick-up location near the market for a few hours on Saturday mornings for on-line prepaid orders only. We currently do not plan to do home deliveries. We will keep you apprised.
How to Behave at Market
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other folks. We will remind you with a smile.
- As much as we all like to visit, we need everyone to shop and head home to minimize the time of potential exposure for all of us.
- If you have kids, leave them at home if possible. The playground is closed anyway.
- Do not touch any of the products for sale, let the vendors handle all the product, they will bag and wrap it and hand it to you.
- and of course, wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer.
We continue to plant as if this will end soon and this situation will last only a few weeks but the experts we are talking with think more like 8-10 weeks, through at least the end of May. We are all in a strange new world and it will take all of us working together to make it smoother.